If you stacked $20 bills until you reached $1,000,000, would the stack be higher than the rim of a basketball hoop?
The thickness of money is 0.0043" and the height of a standard basketball hoop is 10ft.
Overall I say no because you'd need 50,000 $20 bills and it would reach roughly 5'2" in height. You'd need double that (100,000 bills) for it to just be taller.
I have first googled the height of a standard basketball rim, which is 10ft.
Then I googled what the thickness is, (0.0043")
Lastly, I googled how many you'd need to reach 1 million dollars and then I searched the height! This is how I got my answer.
Awesome work Summer! It looks like there is a lot of steps involved in working out how high $1,000,000 is! I like the way you have broken down your process into really simple steps. I wonder if you could convert the measurements into centimeters and meters, rather than inches. keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete