For the past three days in Social Studies we have been working on family crests, or a coat of arms, as some people might call it. These represent you and your family and what they enjoy. No crests are the same. We're learning about Family Crests because we're learning about identity.
My Coat of Arms/Crest:
What is a coat of arms?
A Coat of Arms is something that represents you and your family.
Why do we have them?
They were originally used as a 'surcoat' and it would be worn over armor to protect it from the Sun's rays.
Why are they important?
I learnt that family crests are important because they represent you and your family.
What did I include and why?
The person in the left is meant to be myself and the music notes are supposed to represent how my family and I listen to music a lot.
The Solar System on the right corner is supposed to represent my interest in outer space.
The flowers on the bottom left is supposed to represent how my family likes to do gardening.
The Shortland Street logo represents how we also enjoy watching that series.
What I already knew about Crests:
I already knew that crests were things that represent yourself.
What I found interesting:
What I found interesting was that they were worn over armor to protect it from the Sun.
What do I want to learn?
I want to learn about how they originated.

No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.