Pages

Monday, 25 November 2019

Night and Day || Science

In Science we are currently learning about Astronomy. The task we have been given after completing book work is that we choose something that we have learnt from our book work so far and explain it then give a diagram showing things about the topic chosen. I have chosen the night and day cycles that occur to Earth.
I've chosen this topic because I believe the night and day cycles are quite interesting.

Night and day are both caused by the rotation of the Earth. Each rotation lasts about 24 hours, which is a day. Since the Sun stays in its place, Earth just rotates and one side of the earth will be shown to the Sun and the other side will be receiving no light until it rotates back around to face the Sun again, which is night time. Though it doesn't feel like we're moving, it appears that the Sun, Moon and the other stars are moving even though we're the ones rotating.

The diagram shows the Earth and what it looks like for both day and night. The light rays hit the Earth from the front, and on the other side is darkness, which signifies night time.

Image result for night and day diagram"


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.