Lev's character is changing by him gaining a little more aggression and distrust around people and gives a more harmful deal, risking himself be unwound.
2. While being transported to possible safety, some of the kids on the run wonder, "Would it be better to die or be unwound?" If given the choice, which would you choose? Why? This response requires more than one or two sentences! Put forward at least three reasons why you think what you do.
I would rather be unwound because according to the government in the Unwind society, you are still 'alive', but in a divided state. It also seems like it would be more painless, rather than some of the instances that can happen if you actually die. At least I'd be apart of someone rather than no one.
3. Another question the kids in the book discuss is, "If every part of you is still alive but inside someone else, are you alive or are you dead?" They also wonder if consciousness can exist even if it's spread out, and if the soul remains intact. What do you think?
I think for the first question that you are dead, not alive, if you are a part of someone else. However, that part could be alive again, but only because it's part of another person's body.
Personally, I believe that consciousness cannot exist if it is spread out, and since I don't really believe in the 'soul' thing in itself, I believe that it wouldn't remain intact if one is spread out.
Referencing the Ship of Theseus, once one thing is slowly taken apart(in this case, for repairs after a storm) would it be the same ship that came out after that one event?
4. This section of the novel sees Lev and Cy-Fi finally make it to Joplin. As they get closer, Cy-Fi's behaviour becomes increasingly erratic. What are some of the things he does, or things he likes, that are not his own behaviours or memories?
He "likes" Pumpkin ice-cream, even though Cyrus doesn't even like it himself.
While finding his way "home" he goes through streets like he really knows where he's going.
5. What was Cy-Ty hiding in his backyard? Pg 185-194
There was a briefcase that contained various jewelries.
6. The section ends with Cy-Ty reaching his destination. What do you think of his parents' behaviour? What does Lev's support show you about his character?
His parents acted all frightened because they thought Cyrus (who they called Tyler) was going to harm them. Lev's support shows that he has gotten more violent and forceful than he was when he was just introduced into the story.
I think for the first question that you are dead, not alive, if you are a part of someone else. However, that part could be alive again, but only because it's part of another person's body.
Personally, I believe that consciousness cannot exist if it is spread out, and since I don't really believe in the 'soul' thing in itself, I believe that it wouldn't remain intact if one is spread out.
Referencing the Ship of Theseus, once one thing is slowly taken apart(in this case, for repairs after a storm) would it be the same ship that came out after that one event?
4. This section of the novel sees Lev and Cy-Fi finally make it to Joplin. As they get closer, Cy-Fi's behaviour becomes increasingly erratic. What are some of the things he does, or things he likes, that are not his own behaviours or memories?
He "likes" Pumpkin ice-cream, even though Cyrus doesn't even like it himself.
While finding his way "home" he goes through streets like he really knows where he's going.
5. What was Cy-Ty hiding in his backyard? Pg 185-194
There was a briefcase that contained various jewelries.
6. The section ends with Cy-Ty reaching his destination. What do you think of his parents' behaviour? What does Lev's support show you about his character?
His parents acted all frightened because they thought Cyrus (who they called Tyler) was going to harm them. Lev's support shows that he has gotten more violent and forceful than he was when he was just introduced into the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.