For the Creative Writing Matrix today I have decided to do a task called 'The Sound of Silence'.
--
The only things that I can see are the vague, dark items and possessions of the room that I sit in. I feel like the darkness is just choking me; I need to shout, but I can't, because then it would come. There is hardly any smell, other than some rotten fruit sitting in a metal fruit bowl. I need to stay silent. I need to resist the urge. The rough, bumpy surface of a carpet is something that I can feel under my fingertips. Oh God. Oh no. I can hear it creeping around the corner. It is impossible to not tell that I'm trembling from fear. I had to, I just had to scream. Then I did it. You would be able to hear the pounding of the creatures' feet and hands from a mile away as it skidded around the corner.
And then there it was.
No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.